28 January, 2012

Squirreling about - far far away




One of my favourite places to visit when I'm in the Chiang Rai vicinity is Doy Din Dang Pottery.  These photos were taken at about this time last year - each time I drop by I add to my breakfast collection and I'm thinking it's soon time for another visit!

Doy Din Dang Pottery is situated about 12 kms north of Chiang Rai and carries an amazing range of pottery and ceramics ranging from homeware to art pieces, all designed by renowned ceramic artist Somluk Pantiboon.  The grounds are beautiful and include the workshop, showroom and a cafe.  It is inspiring just to stroll about and absorb the atmosphere here.  So if you're on a visa run to Mae Sai or just visiting the area in general, I highly recommend stopping by.

To find out more about Doy Din Dang and how to get there, check out their website

No comments:

Post a Comment