14 December, 2011

Squirreling about - Chiang Mai




If you've ever spent a morning exploring Warorot market or an afternoon browsing the shops on Thapae Road you will most probably have come across Raming Tea House Siam Celadon and been tempted to look inside.  The house is a wonderful two story teak building constructed in 1915.  It has since been restored; the front part of the house is a shop that sells celadon in green and blue while the back part is a cafe/restaurant.   

Raming Tea House offers a large selection of teas that are grown on the Raming Farm in the Mae Taeng district of Chiang Mai.  My favourite is their cinnamon tea, although when I had lunch there the other day I treated myself to sherbert ice tea.  I just love sitting in this charming little garden!

Raming Tea House (not to be confused with Raming Lodge, which lies on Loi Khroh Road), is located on 158 Thapae Road.  It lies close to Warorot market, Nawarat Bridge and the Night Bazaar.

1 comment: